WHO ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
Students who wish to join the Master of Science in Molecular Medicine program of St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine-WHQM must have either of the following degrees:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science and have taken the following in pursuing their degree or as additional units:
- 25 units of Life Sciences
- 8 units of Mathematics
- 5 units of Physics
- A degree in Doctor of Medicine
- A degree in Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- A degree in Doctor of Dentistry
The following application requirements must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office personally or by courier:
- Fully accomplished Application Form. You can get a downloadable application form here (MS Molecular Medicine Application and Recommendation Forms)
- Essay (at least 500 words; Arial, Font size 12, 1.5 spacing) (a) Why do you want to take this program; (b) How could it benefit you; (c) Potential area of interest of your thesis.
- Official Transcript of Records (certified true copy)
- Diploma(s) (certified true copy)
- National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) (not more than 2 years old upon application except for Doctor of Medicine degree holders)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation – The recommendations should come from two (2) former professors or if employed, one (1) from an immediate supervisor and one (1) from a former professor
- Certificate of Good Moral Character or Good Standing from the former college or training institution.
- Two (2) copies of 2×2 recent colored photograph with white background
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants using a name other than that indicated in the Birth Certificate)
REQUIREMENTS for FOREIGN and FOREIGN GRADUATE APPLICANTS
- All requirements mentioned above should be submitted. The Transcript of Records, Certificate of Graduation and Birth Certificate must be duly Apostilled in the applicant’s country of legal residence or origin.
- Photocopies of Passport pages where name, photo, birth date and birthplace appear.
- Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police authorities and duly authenticated by the PFSP in the students’ country of origin. Those who have stayed in the Philippines for more than six (6) months must submit a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.
- Non-resident aliens must submit a student visa (9f) issued by the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.
- Resident aliens must submit the Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) and Immigrant Certificate of Residence.
Those holding an SSRV visa or an SRRIV visa must secure a certificate from the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) that he/she is a holder of the said visa.
The following are the processing fees:
Local Applicants PhP 3,000.00
Foreign Applicants US$ 350.00
Payments are accepted in cash or cheque (made payable to St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine William H. Quasha Memorial, Inc.) or via bank transfers. For bank transfers, please contact the Finance Office at the Finance and Accounting Office at (+632) 87230301, local 3801 or e-mail inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION PERIOD FOR AY 2023-2024
Early Application is until April 30, 2023
Applications submitted after April 30, 2023 will have an additional fee of PhP 500.00
- THESIS GRANTS will be given to students whose theses will be done as part of ongoing research programs of St. Luke’s Medical Center, upon the recommendation of the Institutional Scientific Review Board and subject to the approval of the President and CEO.
- DOST SCHOLARSHIPS under the Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program Graduate Science and Technology Scholarships are available to qualified students of the Program. Applications should be submitted to the Director of the M.S. Molecular Medicine Program.
For correspondence and information, please contact:
St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine – William H. Quasha Memorial
Sta. Ignaciana Street, Cathedral Heights, Quezon City 1112, Philippines
Telephone: +632 87230101 local 3808
Telefax: +632 87277610
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org